Monday, April 14, 2008

In Shanghai

If you think that over 16 hours of flight time squashed in narrow airplane seats with two children is unbearable you're in for a surprise. Try being stuck on the 22nd floor of a luxury apartment with the same two kids all flipping day! As you know I had quite an ordeal with the tickets and had to fly one leg of the journey from Seattle to Shanghai with Tara and Nisha ALONE. I struggled to get into the aircraft with a child on one hip the other in a stroller, a purse strapped on my back and 2 full diaper bags in each hand (don't ask me how I managed to fold the stroller and leave it at the ramp, I need a juggling award). After I got into the cramped seats I hear a rather rude You in my seat! I prop Nisha precariously in the corner of the seat, hunt for tickets and realise I was sitting on the wrong side of the aisle. I ask if he could sit on the other side instead. No you in my seat! You move! Ah, Asia how I missed you.

Avi was with us this weekend so it was easy handling the girls but today he's at work and I had to deal with the brats for the first time on my own. I have a new found respect for all stay at home Moms. I have not had a chance to sit for a second, not a measly second. I am exhausted to such an extent that I can't sleep. Why sleep I ask, I'll be woken up in exactly 20mins anyway. I can't wait for my Mom to get here in a few days cause that's when my holiday in China will really begin. Up until then I'm in pure toddler-infant hell. HOLD ME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see you are still blogging! Love. LTB

Mrs. Breedorf said...

Maybe you could cover for Avi at work and he could stay home with the kids? Sending good vibes your way...seems like a very challenging situation indeed.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help! We miss you here already! and that nifty tie you gave me, is being turned into a purse handle. (Hows that for recycling?)

Sending you peaceful vibes and I hope you get some sleep soon