Friday, September 14, 2007

Homeyfication of Mr.S

We were at a check out counter and Tara was pushed along in the cart to the cashier, who took his scanner and kept running it all over Tara looking for a bar-code. He looked at S and asked "How much does she cost?". S's heart-melting reply "You won't find a code cause she's priceless". I never pegged S to be witty but this was touchingly witty. I gotta admit Tara has changed the both of us but I see more of a change in S.

Golf: On weekends he wakes up at 6:00am to go golfing so he can be back at 10am to spend the rest of the day with his daughter. (I've never seen him wake up so early on weekends. In fact on weekdays he has to wake up at 6:00am anyway as Tara yells for her milk and while I am trying to calm her down and assure her that Papa will be back in .02seconds S is off warming up her milk.) Most of his golf swings he now practices with the toy-set he has bought Tara.

Hiking: A few weekends ago we headed to Mt.Si. The Mt.Si Kid festival to be precise. Pre-tara S would definitely had his hiking boots and lemon pound cake for the hike, but this time around he had a stroller and cheerios. Tara had a total blast going in all the inflatable rides, unfortunately she was too young for many, but she was allowed into one. Poor S had to take her over and over again into the same inflatable gym, he looked like Goliath among all those toddlers and managed to kick one toddler in her face, ouch.

Housework: S has started doing the dishes, well sometimes, actually maybe once a week, well maybe every other week, okay maybe just once a month but still he's doing them or tells me everyday that he will do it the next day. This from a person who let dishes pile up for so long that you'd be scared to go down to the bottom of the pile afraid that something will devour your hand.

Sailing: We took Tara sailing on our friend Shoeb's boat a while ago. Theo had the best time as I was too busy throwing up and then Tara joined in as well. I don't know if it was just a sympathy puke on her part or whether she like me gets sea-sick. S was looking forward to helping raise the sails, steer the boat but ended up cleaning puke.

Cricket: He has given up cricket. I can rest my case, correct? I mean what more proof do you want that he's homeyfied?

For those of you who are thinking big deal doesn't seem to be that much of a change. Let me tell you a little about S.
He'd wake up on a Saturday morning look out the bedroom window and say "Hmm, nice day maybe we can go on a hike to Snow Lake."
After he has his big cup of masala chai he'd look out the living room window and say "Hmm, it's getting windy maybe I'll go windsurfing instead."
Then his blackberry would go off "Hmm, it's my yoga class reminder let me go for yoga and then decide."
After yoga class "Hmm, i think I'll go get an aloo-palak paratha from Kebab house and then maybe we can walk around greenlake."
After lunch "Hmm, I'll take a quick 5 minute nap."
1 hour later "Hmm, Shoeb and Greg are playing tennis at greenlake, maybe you can walk around the lake alone and I'll catch up with you."
Once we reach greenlake "Hmm, it really is windy I'll just go windsurfing. Can you find your way home?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone not as nice as me would say 'told ya'.

but i'm too nice.

Me-1 v/s You-0

see you all soon.

Mrs. Breedorf said...

The changes our bodies go through to have our babies are pretty amazing but perhaps what happens to the guys emotionally is the other miracle of birth, eh?