It was such a fabulous holiday. I'll fess up and say that they best parts were when Tara was not around my neck all the time. My cousin Chullu has two adorable children who kept Tara entertained day and night so S and I could overload on my aunt's amazing cooking, watch a whole load of Tennis, take afternoon naps and munch butta (spicy corn on the cob) sitting on the patio enjoying the summer breeze. Just before we left for CA I had a doc appointment and the doc advised me to put on a bit more weight, boy did I ever. The shirts that fit me on Friday don't fit me today. We had gourmet meals catered to us every single day. Chullu even made french toast with nutella and peanut butter, what more can a pregnant lady ask for!
It was bloody hot though. It didn't stop my eating or drinking mango lassi but it was hot! hot! hot! Hot enough that Tara had a sunstroke and was puking non-stop all of Sunday. We went to visit our friends who live a good hour away (but with S missing every goddamn turn, and every goddamn sign we took 2 hours to get there) and Tara puked the entire journey and then some. We had spent the previous day outside going on choo-choo trains and petting farm animals and jeep rides that the sun got to her. Plus you know a hat never stays on her (unlike swim diaper, need I mention that again). She recovered quickly and was back to herself the next day thankfully.
Tara is now asking for her two cousins and seems to have forgotten Joythi. Here are some pictures from the weekend, the entire bunch posted here. We are defintely going to visit more often, we need the pampering and the sleep!

No comments:
Post a Comment