Monday, April 16, 2007

Are we there yet?

The week of Mr.S heading off to India arrived all too quickly. I started the God awful commute today. For those of you who must be saying stop-it with this whining already, hear me out please. I lived in Malaysia and they had BAD traffic. Sitting in your car for 5-6 hours while you saw the rain water finally drain was nothing to complain about. Why? One big reason - street vendors!! Traffic was bad, no problem have yourself an iced-milo brought straight to your car for RM1.00. Need a snack, there's the roti-chanai stall I can inch towards in 10 minutes, or if I yell loud enough he'll bring it to me. However here in this land of freeways and highways there is no such luck. All you have is a screaming toddler in the back-seat and a bazillion cars surrounding you with no food in sight.


Today's journey to the daycare went something like this:

Who's going to day-care? Tara is going to day-care! Ta-ya Ta-ya. Tara went to the zoo this weekend, what did she see? A gorilla. He-he-he. A cow. Mooo. A horsey. wahh, wahhhh. Oh, Tara do you want some cheese? Cheez....More More. Tara wait I have to cut across 5 lanes of traffic I can't turn back and give you cheese, Cheez...wahhh...More....wahhhhh. Hang on Tara, what does the doggie say? wahhhhh. Look Tara, Lk. Washington finally. Uh-Oh. What do we see in the water? An otter. Ottah! (5 seconds later) Wah..Cheese....wahh...Uh-Oh.


Why is it so hard to hand her the cheese and shut her up? Cause I'm only 5'1" and my hand doesn't reach the rear-center seat without having to perk myself up and stretch backwards. I really wish I had paid more attention in my Yoga class when they did that funky pose of the nameste sign behind your back. I just used to end up feeling all the fat on my shoulder bone!! So the cheese is usually all over the carpet of the car. The pieces that I manage to get into her palm with great dexterity she sticks those very pieces in her ear/shoe/forehead/other ear.


Tara had the right idea of climbing into Mr.S's suitcase while he was packing on Sunday. I rather be crammed into a suitcase any day too.


(sorry I can't photoshop the boxers from the picture!)

-x-
Tara's fascination with my Mom continues. She can't seem to leave her side, watch this.

1 comment:

Mrs. Breedorf said...

Sometimes I think that it'd be nice if Theo's daycare was close to where I worked instead to where I live since that way I could leave work a little later. But I'm also thankful that I don't have a long commute with a toddler in tow. Hats off to you! We need to invent a cheese dispensing device for the car. OR! You might be able to use something like this extendable back-scratcher to hand Tara cheese: http://www.shiptheweb.com/epages/ShipTheWeb.storefront/EN/product/KIK&2DBS001